Dynadot

discuss .mv Maldivian domains, domain names the Maldives for Metaverse

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact
Recently, domainers and project owners have started registering Maldivian domain names .mv, given that MV is an excellent abbreviation for the Metaverse. This idea first appeared and was discussed on the threads of this forum

Metaverse ~~Showcase your names and Discussion Thread

MV Domains (Metaverse) - Showcase and Discuss

But due to the fact that these are threads for a broad discussion of domain names for the Metaverse, and the topic of Maldivian domain names has become popular, there is a need to create a separate topic for discussion of .mv domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dan got a new name
videos.mv
Not on Sedo

•••
I’ve seen a massive uptick in traffic at Dan for loans.mv. Bots? Maybe. Real type-in? Maybe. Time will tell…

•••
•••
•••
Colleagues have registered a name from my list of candidates:

mini.mv

•••
•••
Colleagues have registered a name from my list of candidates:

mini.mv
which colleagues? Is it from Mini the car company you linked to article? If so that would be great news! Otherwise not so good news if squatter.

Last edited:
•••
which colleagues? Is it from Mini the car company you linked to article? If so that would be great news! Otherwise not so good news if squatter.
I have no data on this. We can wait for this name to be revealed or ask people from the car campaign.

•••
bmw.mv is also registered.
BMW is the owner of the Mini brand.
If such a solid company starts to develop .mv domain zone for the Metaverse, this is a great success for our squatting business.

Last edited:
•••
Investigated the situation with .mv domains on Sedo.
There are 172 .mv names in total.
Of these, 145 are mine.
Due to the small number (27), I will list all the rest

own.mv
squad.mv
web.mv

bowl.mv
sing.mv
view.mv

ape.mv
base.mv
core.mv
develop.mv
flow.mv
gas.mv
good.mv
group.mv
happy.mv
lab.mv
magic.mv
make.mv
panda.mv
real.mv
reality.mv
super.mv

augmented.mv

dapps.mv
wallets.mv

seo.mv

nic.mv

Thank you for posting this list. It made me realize that my few .mv names were not listed on Sedo.

sportsbet.mv
metafi.mv
block.mv
smart.mv
free.mv

I've now submitted them to Sedo. Not that this matters much given that Sedo has not sold a domain name of any extension for me in nearly two years.

•••
bmw.mv is also registered.
BMW is the owner of the Mini brand.
If such a solid company starts to develop .mv domain zone for the Metaverse, this is a great success for our squatting business.

I emailed MV registrar to ask who registered bmw and mini but they haven't responded yet :xf.embarrassed:

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Hiber company owns a decent pool of .mv names

hiber.mv
art.mv
music.mv
nftgallery.mv

Maybe some more, I'll try to ask.

•••
•••
On Dan, you can look at .mv names like this dan.com/sitemap/mv .
Perhaps something similar on Sedo?

Last edited:
•••
.mv is a bust so far.

Few sales and high renewal fees is a bad place to be.

•••
I was the first in the world to develop .ai in 2011.
It fired only in 2015.
I wonder how long it took Svetha to .xyz the fire?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I've already renewed a few names.
And I was again charged an additional $19 per name.
I thought it was a one-time supplement at registration.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Did anyone get charged by 101domain on renewal of .mv domains an additional cost for "Secure Web Accelerator"?

•••
Did anyone get charged by 101domain on renewal of .mv domains an additional cost for "Secure Web Accelerator"?
It seems, not.
This is optional.

•••
As far as I know only 4 companies offer the .mv extension & currently ( as of today ) the cheapest is 242.00💲

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back