IT.COM
Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone received the May parking payment for sedo?

•••
Anyone else finding txt record verification just doesn't work unless the txt records were fully propagated before adding to sedo? It's like the system doesn't find the text record on first inspection then never tries again.
Anyone else finding txt record verification just doesn't work unless the txt records were fully propagated before adding to sedo? It's like the system doesn't find the text record on first inspection then never tries again.
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with TXT record verification. At Sedo, our goal is to ensure that the process is as smooth and efficient as possible for everyone.

It’s important to note that when adding e.g new TXT records for verification, updates can take up to 48 hours to fully propagate. This delay is often due to the DNS cache updates and the registrar's Time To Live settings. During this period, although the TXT records might have been updated locally at the registrar, they may not have fully propagated globally, which could affect their visibility to our verification system. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We truly value your patience and feedback, as both are critical in helping us improve our services. Should you experience any other delays or have additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at [email protected].

Best regards,
The Sedo Team

•••
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with TXT record verification. At Sedo, our goal is to ensure that the process is as smooth and efficient as possible for everyone.

It’s important to note that when adding e.g new TXT records for verification, updates can take up to 48 hours to fully propagate. This delay is often due to the DNS cache updates and the registrar's Time To Live settings. During this period, although the TXT records might have been updated locally at the registrar, they may not have fully propagated globally, which could affect their visibility to our verification system. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We truly value your patience and feedback, as both are critical in helping us improve our services. Should you experience any other delays or have additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at [email protected].

Best regards,
The Sedo Team

Is there any way you can add an NS3 option for verification? Txt is a bit more advanced and requires more knowledge to do.

•••
HAnd to further clarify this matter for the NP Sedo users:

Would the renewal be automatically done through the domain's current registrar, and peformed automatically by Sedo prior to finalizing the sale and payout?

Or would the seller be alerted to do the renewal manually prior to being able to complete the transfer?
Hello,

Thank you for seeking further clarification on this matter.

As a good practice, it is advisable for the seller to check the expiration date of the domain at the start of the transaction. It’s important to note that this process needs to be conducted by the seller directly with their current registrar, as there is no automatic setup in place between Sedo and the seller's registrar to handle renewals.

Kind regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Spaceship is already included in our list of registrars that sellers can select to indicate the current registrar when listing a domain. If you are experiencing any issues or cannot find it in the dropdown menu, please refresh your page or clear your browser's cache. If the problem persists, do not hesitate to contact our support team at [email protected] for further assistance
Spaceship does not appear in your drop down menu (either on the short list of network eligible or on the long list). And no not a cache issue.

You were asked if we were to use Namecheap as the registrar when it is at Spaceship, but I believe did not answer this.

I hope you will soon add Spaceship to the list of registrars as I prefer to have that information correct and not simply blank.

Thank you,

Bob Hawkes

Last edited:
•••
Spaceship does not appear in your drop down menu (either on the short list of network eligible or on the long list). And no not a cache issue.

You were asked if we were to use Namecheap as the registrar when it is at Spaceship, but I believe did not answer this.

I hope you will soon add Spaceship to the list of registrars as I prefer to have that information correct and not simply blank.

Thank you,

Bob Hawkes

They did not answer, other than INCORRECTLY stating that Spaceship appears. It does not (as we keep pointing out to them).

•••
@Sedo bug report: Whenever I go to see views the categories work except for the "Last 31 days". So if I look at views by Month to Date or May 2024 it shows Views. However, when using the "Last 31 Days" pull down, it shows n/a (even for names with views using the other pull downs). Can you please fix?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back